Statement Of Policy For Safeguarding Of Children And Young People
Live Love Dance and Live Loud Agency believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people by a commitment to practice which protects them. We aim to provide safe participatory and creative opportunities for all the children and young people who use our hired facilities.
In order to do this we recognise that:
• The welfare of the child/young person is paramount.
• All children and young people whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
• Working in partnership with children and young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting their welfare.
The purpose of the policy is:
• To provide protection for the children and young people who receive services from Live Love Dance and Live Loud Agency including the children of adult members or users.
• To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
• This policy applies to all teaching staff, chaperones, volunteers and students or anyone working on behalf of Live Love Dance and Live Loud Agency.
We will endeavour to safeguard children and young people by:
• Valuing them, listening to and respecting them
• Adopting child safeguarding guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for teaching staff, chaperones and volunteers.
• Recruiting staff and volunteers safely ensuring all necessary checks are made. Everyone has either an enhanced DBS or chaperone licence.
• Sharing information about child safeguarding and good practice with children, parents, teaching staff, chaperones and volunteers.
• Sharing information about concerns with the relevant agencies who need to know, involving parents and children appropriately.
Live Love Dance and Live Loud Agency are committed to reviewing our policy annually.